Roulette is a great game to play at any pay-by-phone casino. The player just bets on whether the ball will land on a white or black compartment. For larger wins, they can make predictions on the actual number the ball will rest on. There’s no need to be an expert to play. Outcomes are entirely random, but playing with a strategy can help.
Pay by Phone Bill Casinos for Kiwis
It’s a bit peculiar to come across the term phone bill online casinos. Well, it’s a concept where users can add charges for digital services to their carrier’s phone bill. It’s well-utilized across gambling sites as it speeds up and simplifies pay-ins.
This page presents the most optimum phone bill casino sites for the best deposit bonus and deals for kiwi players. There are great recommendations for mobile casino pay establishments.
Other vital aspects of this online casino mobile payment option will be reviewed, including its safety and reliability, as well as any transactional limits customers should be fully aware of.
Here is the list of the top online casinos with mobile phone deposits in 2022:
- JackpotCity – Get a Deposit Bonus Bonus NZ$1600
- Ruby Fortune – Get a $750 Welcome Bonus
- Conquestador Online Casino – $2500 Welcome Deposit Bonus
Best Pay by Phone Casino Sites List
Pros and Cons of Casino Pay by Mobile
- Straightforward to use
- Few steps and instant processing
- No extra fees
- High standards of personal data protection
- Visibility into spending
- Low barrier of access
- May help curb uncontrolled spending
- No support for payouts
- Lack of broad support
- Very low transaction amount
Benefits and drawbacks of pay-by-phone-bill casinos explained
Online gaming establishments tend to offer a wide range of convenient payment methods whether it’s credit cards, Apple Pay, wire, or direct transfers.
In light of all these alternatives, there needs to be a special set of reasons that make it worthwhile to choose pay-by-phone casinos. Otherwise, it’ll be just better to stick to the traditional methods.
Luckily, there are some areas where pay-by-phone casinos excel:
- Relatively straightforward to use: Simplicity is one of the biggest hallmarks of using the pay-by-phone bill gateway. At most, the transaction comprises only three major steps: inputting the phone number on the provider’s website, specifying the deposit amount, and replying to the confirmation message. There’s no need to be conversant with e-wallets or even go through multiple hurdles setting up wire transfers.
- Few steps and instant processing times: The fewer steps mean less time wasted setting up payments. A phone credit casino processes the funds instantly. With less time taken up in the deposit process, there will be more time left to explore the enormous game selection. The instantaneous deposit process also allows players to actually enjoy the games when they’re in the mood, not days or hours later.
- No extra levies for the deposit method: Online gaming establishments don’t charge an extra percentage on the transaction for players utilizing this deposit method. All the charges will be added to the user’s monthly cell bill or subtracted from their pre-paid balance. Network processing fees tend to be quite low, and maybe more favourable than certain fees charged by banks or e-wallets.
- High standards of personal data protection: One of the biggest advantages of using pay with phone bills is the high standard of data protection it offers. If the carrier supports the payment processor, all customers become eligible by default. There is no extra sign-up process where the customer has to disclose their information to the mobile phone casino.
- Full visibility into spending: When funding a pay-by-phone casino, the payment is directly charged to the carrier’s bill. All the intel into spending on third-party merchants is in one place. Because it’s customary for carriers to send alerts for charges, spotting wrongful charges is also simplified.
- Low deposit amounts may help cap spending: Phone online casino transactions are subject to low spending limits, for instance, NZ$25 per mobile number, per day. This can be both a benefit and a drawback. On the positive side of things, it can help curb overspending on gambling sites, limiting players to a defined and predictable budget.
- Available support and extra tools from pay-by-phone providers: The quality of customer support may be spotty at some gaming establishments or phone companies owing to their size. It’s great that the underlying technology providers such as Boku maintain their own customer support representatives. Furthermore, they provide dashboards where customers can track their purchase history.
- A more cohesive gaming experience on mobile: The deposit method certainly favours players who prefer to game at mobile casino sites. They will enjoy a more cohesive experience because they will need their phone to send a verification code to confirm the transaction.
- Suitable for unbanked customers or those without a credit card: Pay By Phone providers such as Boku make it their mission to help facilitate online payments for customers without access to options such as credit cards or e-wallets. As long as they have enrolled for services with participating carriers, they become automatically eligible. The only other requirement is that their phone should support text messaging, a standard feature for most voice-activated SIM lines.
- No need to have a smartphone: Players accessing a pay-by-phone casino from their web browsers don’t need to worry about having a smartphone to navigate the world of online payments. As long as their phone can send and receive text messaging, it’s good to go.
- Now, mobile phone deposit casinos have strong upsides, enough to convince players to use this as a preferred means to transact with gaming establishments. But even the most convenient and forward-thinking technologies can have a chink in their armour.
Here are the vulnerabilities in regards to mobile casino pay sites:
- No support for payouts: Players can’t receive payouts from a pay-by-phone casino via their carrier’s billing. Instead, they have to use another means to receive payouts. It can be an insurmountable challenge for the unbanked or players who can’t access particular e-payment services for set reasons. This may become a confounding challenge when trying to access large wins, so make sure to plan ahead.
- Low transaction amounts can limit the gaming time: Mobile networks may have daily, weekly, or monthly transaction limits —and restrict amounts that can be added by third-party merchants to the general phone bill. Payment billing systems and casinos may also have daily spending limits typically around $25 to $30. Watch out for such limits, because it’s quite inconvenient to get a message unexpectedly that the maximum limit has been reached.
- Works only with SIM cards belonging to supported carriers: Take note that not all NZ mobile networks work with mobile payments services. While providers such as Spark or Vodafone may allow customers to pay online, they may be working with providers such as Windcave that are not popular with online gaming establishments. There may be geographic restrictions, making it impossible to pay with a UK phone number to a New Zealand casino.
- Lack of broad support by online gaming establishments: some of the popular ways to transact with online casinos include bank transfers, e-checks, bank cards (Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, etc.), and e-wallets (Skrill, Webmoney, Instadebit, etc.). Unfortunately, charging payments to mobile networks is not widely supported.
The initial verdict is that the positive aspects outweigh the negative factors associated with phone bill casino sites. So, choose phone online casinos for expedited deposits, no sign-ups, and maximum data protection.
Pay by Phone Casinos Game Selection
A pay-by-phone casino will not drop the ball when it comes to the repository of available games. By offering this progressive payment option, the mobile phone casino will more than likely be running the latest gaming software from renowned providers such as Microgaming or Playtech. There will be hundreds of intriguing phone casino games to explore, segmented into widely-popular categories such as:
Get lucky on the world’s most sought-after casino banking game, blackjack. It’s downright easy to understand for players already familiar with card games. The basic form of the game utilizes 52 cards with seven players at a time, but there are plenty of variations to keep seasoned players entertained.
A slot is basically any game with spinning reels. A reel is a term used to describe horizontal columns. Pay by phone casinos typically provide three-reel or five-reel slots. Some of the slots will be progressive, meaning that they have jackpots that progressively become larger until someone wins. Making a deposit with pay by phone bill may even earn players free spins to use on progressive jackpots worth millions of dollars.
Deposits and Withdrawals in Casino Pay By Phone
Making pay-ins and withdrawals is part of the day-to-day activities at an online gaming establishment. Pay-ins are necessary for players that want to go beyond the demo versions and play phone casino games for real cash. Consequently, payouts are a must for winners looking to claim their bounty.
Let’s look at the step-by-step process for each activity:
How to make a deposit to a Pay by Phone Casino
Making a deposit with pay by phone is quite straightforward, just follow the short steps described below:
- Choose a mobile billing casino:
The first step is quite preliminary. Players are required to choose a phone bill casino establishment that supports this payment gateway. This is quite easy. Explore some of the options listed on this page.
- On the banking page, choose deposit with phone bill as the deposit method:
The casino may label this page under different terms, such as banking, bank, or payments. Navigate to this page and from the withdrawal options offered, select pay using phone bill.
- Get redirected to the phone payment service provider:
Typically, the transaction will be processed from the provider’s side, not the merchant’s.
- Confirm the transaction amount:
The payment service provider may require a confirmation of the deposit amount. Take note of the limit specified on the mobile phone casino.
- Provide the phone number:
For the payment to be facilitated, the player must enter their NZ phone number. It’s used to actually confirm that their carrier supports the transaction method.
- Reply to the confirmation text:
The final step to authorize the transaction is replying to the confirmation text, and it typically entails sending the letter “Y”, which stands for yes.
Just wait for the confirmation message from pay by phone casino.
How to withdraw from a pay-by-phone casino?
Unfortunately, payouts from pay-by-phone bill casinos are not supported. That means that players can’t select it if they visit the withdrawal section of the gaming establishment’s website. It makes it necessary to explore other alternatives. As with pay-ins, pay attention to any limits or extra fees imposed on payouts.
Pay by Phone Casino Bonuses
The following table summarises pay by phone casino bonuses and what’s needed to claim each bonus:
|Casino bonus type||How it works||How to claim the bonus|
|Deposit welcome bonus||The casino may offer a match bonus, which entails matching the player’s deposit by a certain percentage, e.g., 100%.||Just make a deposit using the supported deposit methods. Take note of any special bonuses offered for the use of certain payment gateways.|
|No deposit welcome bonus||The bonus is applicable for all new signings and doesn’t require players to make an initial deposit or add their credit card information.||Create an account with an establishment offering a no deposit bonus, claim it, and start wagering.|
|Free spins||Players receive free spins to use at the casino’s progressive online slots. Each spin may be equivalent to a dollar amount, such as $0.01.||If required, sign up for the first time and make a deposit. Watch out for new slots as they often come with free spins that players can claim.|
|In-game multipliers||Multipliers increase the player’s winnings or loyalty points by several times, e.g., 5X. They make gambling more engaging and create interest for new slots.||>Find out which slots have the best reward multipliers and watch out for promotions, particularly around special holidays.|
|Loyalty points bonuses||Players accrue loyalty points as they spend real money. Loyalty points unlock various rewards such as VIP access. Players can achieve various milestones as they collect more points.||Simply, deposit real money and start gambling at a casino with a loyalty program. Stick with one establishment to accrue points faster.|
Paying by Phone Bill at Live Dealer Casinos
Pay-by-phone casinos feature a wide selection of live dealer games. Players see and interact with human dealers, who may launch a ball on an actual roulette table or deal cards during an exciting round of blackjack. It replicates the in-person experience at land-based establishments.
Live dealer games require a super-fast deposit method, and that’s why it’s necessary to have an option to pay by phone.
Which are the best establishments for live dealer gameplay? Here are some great live dealer pay-by-phone casinos for kiwis:
- Twin Casino: It’s one of the best phone bill casino options as it facilitates carrier billing through Siru Mobile. The live casino section features familiar favourites such as live Blackjack, Baccarat, Roulette, and card games. Players tap into an amazing pool of alternatives such as live Monopoly, Crazy Coin Flip, Deal or No Deal, Wheel of Fortune, and Mega Ball, among other titles. Their detailed library is thanks to their partnerships with Evolution Gaming and NetEnt.
- Jackpot City: New Zealand players will enjoy a riveting selection of live casino titles, accompanied by an amazing welcome bonus that peaks at NZ$1,600. Working with Evolution Gaming allows the establishment to offer classic live dealer options, as well as an assortment of other titles, including Monopoly Live. Some live titles don’t have human dealers such as mobile pokies. The live interface is also phenomenal, giving users complete control of their viewing options, the size of the images, and many other details. For a top favourite, try the VIP Room Live Blackjack.
- Royal Vegas Casino: The gaming establishment is acclaimed for its live poker, which features live dealers dealing at actual tables. Other live options include Baccarat, Blackjack, and Roulette. Minimum betting limits at live dealer options are quite low, often starting at $0.1, eliminating the need to burn through the budget rapidly. Royal Vegas adds to its allure by offering a welcome bonus that peaks at $1,200.
- RiverBelle: Get started with a match bonus of up to $200 on the first deposit and use it to wager on the casino’s live dealer tables. Each live category offers many choices — take Roulette where players can choose between European, French, Speed, and Double Ball Roulette. There are different titles to supplement the classic tables such as the Dream Catcher Money Wheel. The titles are similarly available on mobile phone deposit casinos running on Microgaming.
What is the best way to pay in mobile casinos?
This page focuses on paying via the carrier’s bill and we’ve noted its positive attributes:
- High level of safety and protection of personal data;
- Instant processing time;
- Automatic eligibility;
- Few steps and processes;
- Good budget control and spending visibility.
That said, it may be nice to supplement the payment method or even have a go-to alternative in case it’s not supported. Here are other great alternatives to pay on mobile casino sites:
- Visa/Mastercard: With more than 2.7 million credit card holders in New Zealand, using a Visa or Mastercard remains one of the top ways to make payments and payouts at mobile casinos.
- EPS payments: The online transfer system was jointly developed by Australian banks to help facilitate bank transfer payments at qualifying merchants.
- iDebit: The system offers instant bank transfers, without requiring users to have a credit card. Casinos can perform real-time payment confirmation, minimizing delays.
- Skrill: It’s an e-wallet solution comparable to PayPal, which doesn’t enjoy broad support in the online gaming industry. Many casinos offer payouts and pay-ins with Skrill, and it supports higher transactional amounts even up to NZ$5,000.
- Neteller: The e-wallet supports instant transaction limits similar to Skrill. Players can fund their Neteller account by linking their local New Zealand bank.
- Trustly: It’s an instant account-to-account payments system offered by partnered merchants and local banks. Players can essentially cut the time it takes to process bank transfers to minutes by using Trustly.
- Interac online: It’s a suitable alternative to Trustly for instant account-to-account payments. Pay-by-phone casinos provide this method to allow players to instantly fund the account from their bank balance, where the process would take from 1 to 3 business days with normal bank transfers.
Real Money Pay by Phone Casinos
|Casino||Min Deposit||Min Withdrawal||NZD Availability|
|Jackpot City||NZ$10||NZ$20 with e-wallets||Yes|
Pay by Phone Safety & Security
Carrier billing is entirely safe owing to the way it works. That’s because users are automatically enrolled and they don’t have to start creating accounts, remembering passwords, and maintaining vigilance to ensure that they are not falling for phishing tricks. They must confirm each transaction by sending a physical text, much like two-factor authentication.
Providers such as Boku or Siru Mobile have reliable security systems in place as they tend to work with highly sensitive personal data and some of the world’s most renowned mobile networks. So, making a phone casino deposit is a safe way to transact.
Best Pay by Phone Bill Casinos NZ – Our Verdict
What do we think about a mobile deposit casino? There are generally great options when gambling online, as pay-ins are accelerated with no delays. This provides instant access to games and doesn’t spoil the fun.
Phone casino sites similarly offer access to a wide variety of mobile casino games from the world’s best casino software technology companies such as Microgaming, NetEnt, and Evolution Gaming. The instant deposit option also complements live dealer funding.
The lower limits at a pay-by-phone casino may be tolerable, however, one thing that is impossible to ignore is that the method doesn’t support withdrawals.